The only McKenzie certified physiotherapist in Cape Town.
I trained as a physiotherapist at the University of the Witwatersrand, graduating in 2002. After completing my community service year in Durban, I spent two years practising in the United Kingdom.
In 2006 I started working at Spies, Zipfel and Barr physiotherapists in Johannesburg. The practice was a dynamic teaching environment and provided a solid basis for a successful career. During this time I completed a year-long post-graduate diploma in Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT 1) and a four-year programme to become a McKenzie Credentialed Therapist in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT), successfully passing my credentialing exam in 2011.
In 2012 I spread my wings and took on the challenge of work in the north of Angola. I worked for International SOS at a Chevron Clinic in the oil-rich province of Cabinda. There I gained experience in the occupational health field. One of my responsibilities was to assess whether employees were physically capable to perform the demanding duties on offshore oil rigs. I am grateful for this experience, as it made me aware how resilient and amazing the human body is, as well as the opportunity to learn some Portuguese.
In 2014 I moved to Cape Town and worked at Green Point Physiotherapy in the Old Cape Quarter.
In November 2016 I was excited to set up my own private practice at the Cape Town Mediclinic in Oranjezicht. My rooms are inside the Spine Clinic of renowned orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Attila Szabo. Dr. Szabo has a caring approach towards his patients and we both share a passion for the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy.
- B.Sc. Majors in Genetics and Physiology, 1999, University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy, 2002, University of Witwatersrand
- Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy 1, Diploma, 2007, Gauteng
- McKenzie Credentialed Therapist, 2011, Gauteng
- Health Professions Council of South Africa, HPCSA
- South African Society of Physiotherapy, SASP
- Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy Group, OMPTG
- A Golden Key International Member (Awarded to students in top 15% of class at Wits)
- McKenzie Institute International – Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy:
- 2015: McKenzie Refresher Course
- 2011: PART E The Human Extremities
- 2011: PART D Advanced Problem Solving
- 2009: PART C Problem Solving
- 2008: PART B The Cervical and Thoracic Spine
- 2008: PART A The Lumbar Spine
- APPI Rehabilitation Pilates matwork – Level One , London UK
- APPI Rehabilitation Pilates Class Instructor, London UK
- Assistant on OMT course in 2016.
- Numerous postgraduate courses, workshops, and evening lectures to stay up to date
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!Take ownership of your physical well-being today.
- Consultation hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm (Excl. Public Holidays).
- Accounts to be settled immediately after treatment. Cash or card facilities available.
- Private Rates in line with most Medical Aid Rates apply. It is the responsibility of the patient to claim back from their respective Medical Aids.
- Appointments not cancelled 6 hours prior to treatment will attract a minimum fee of R300
- The initial consultation is usually 45 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Follow-up sessions are usually 30 to 45 minutes long.